Table of Contents
- Ayutthaya, Thailand ( UNESCO heritage site)
- Buddha's Head at Ayutthaya, Thailand
- Lining the walls of one of the main halla at Jakawngsa here in Daejeon.
- Reclining Buddha, Luang Prabang, Laos
- At a temple in Bangkok...
- Buddha Garden, Bago, Myanmar...rows and rows of sitting Buddhas...
- One of a number of reclining Buddha's in Bago, Myanmar...
- ...and its feet...
- Garden Buddha, Chiang Mai
- Have you visited any of these Buddhas in your travels? Which is your favorite?
- If you missed last weeks Travel Photo Thursday, have a look.
- Follow BTS on Facebook.
Welcome to another week of Travel Photo Thursday. For the first #TPThursday of December, we’re having a snowy, rainy, and all around nasty evening here in Daejeon. I’m dreaming of warmer climes right now, and thought a tour of a few of the many Buddha’s I’ve encountered on my travels throughout Asia would be a good theme this week. Enjoy a few of my favorite Buddhas shots, both past and recent.
To join in the Travel Photo Thursday fun simply post a photo on your blog. Return here and place your link in the Mr. Linky at the bottom of this post.
Please post a link to a post featuring a travel photo, not simply a link to your blog.
The Twitter hash tag for Travel Photo Thursday is #TPThursday.
As a courtesy please post a link to Budget Travelers Sandbox.
Ayutthaya, Thailand ( UNESCO heritage site)
Buddha’s Head at Ayutthaya, Thailand
This is probably one of the most photographed Buddha’s at this world heritage site. Sitting in the base of a bodhi tree, it’s all that’s left of an ancient statue. There are loads of signs telling people/photographers what you can and cannot do. For example, you shouldn’t stand over the Buddha when takina photo.
Lining the walls of one of the main halla at Jakawngsa here in Daejeon.
Reclining Buddha, Luang Prabang, Laos
At a temple in Bangkok…
Buddha Garden, Bago, Myanmar…rows and rows of sitting Buddhas…
One of a number of reclining Buddha’s in Bago, Myanmar…
…and its feet…
Garden Buddha, Chiang Mai
Have you visited any of these Buddhas in your travels? Which is your favorite?
If you missed last weeks Travel Photo Thursday, have a look.
Follow BTS on Facebook.